Domestic Violence Law Firm – Offering Counsel For Those Accused Of Abuse
Attorneys Representing Clients Who Have Had Domestic Disputes In Ellis County
Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer
Representing Clients in Ellis County, Texas
All marriages and dating relationships have difficult periods. Sometimes an argument is just an argument. However, when the police show up and arrest you on family violence charges, lives and reputations can be ruined, and your civil rights may be put in jeopardy. Obtaining immediate legal representation from one of our skilled criminal defense attorneys can help to prevent a bad situation from becoming worse. At McCarty-Larson, PLLC, we put our skill and experience to work for our clients as we defend their rights in the face of domestic violence allegations. Attorney McCarty has experience as a former state prosecutor and former police officer, which gives him a multifaceted understanding of domestic violence cases. He uses this to lead our team to more successful defense strategies, which can help clients avoid the many negative consequences of a domestic assault conviction.
- NHire a lawyer with a top Texas law firm to represent your domestic violence case or another violent crime case.
- NWith many positive legal reviews and a current rating of 5.0 stars – based on 157 reviews, Attorney McCarty is regarded as one of the best lawyers in Texas.
- NTrust one of the region’s top defense attorneys to resolve your case in a prompt, cost-effective manner.
- NWe have a reputation for being one of the most honest and aggressive law firms.
Serious Family & Criminal Lawyers
Over 150+ 5-Star Client Reviews!
Penalties for Domestic Assault & Aggravated Domestic Assault in Texas
According to Texas Penal Code § 22.01, assault is defined as intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:
- NDomestic assault (Class A misdemeanor) may be punishable by up to 1 year in county jail and/or a fine of up to $4,000.
- NAggravated domestic assault (third-degree felony) may be punishable by 2-10 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- NA defendant may also be prohibited from owning a firearm and may face probation, anger management or counseling, community service, and other penalties.
Domestic violence, for the most part, shares many of the same aspects with a simple assault on any individual: injury, threats, or unwanted physical contact. In these cases, however, such action is considered domestic violence if the victim is currently or was previously in a romantic relationship with the defendant, or if the victim is a member of the defendant’s family or household.
With first-hand knowledge of how the State handles misdemeanor and felony assault crimes, our domestic violence defense lawyers can analyze a case of family violence from the prosecution’s point of view and develop strategies to effectively defend clients against charges of domestic assault, spousal abuse, continuous violence against a family member, aggravated domestic assault, child abuse, and all other family-related offenses in Texas.
Complimentary Case Consultation
Case Analysis & Next Best Steps.
Family & Criminal Law
300 N 8th St
Midlothian, TX 76065