Domestic Violence Law Firm – Offering Counsel For Those Accused Of Abuse
Attorneys Representing Clients Who Have Had Domestic Disputes In Burleson, TX
Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer
Defending Domestic Violence Allegations in Burleson, TX
Clients facing family violence charges in Burleson, Texas, can count on us for legal representation. All couples and dating relationships endure rough patches. However, when a dispute escalates into a police matter leading to an arrest on family violence charges, it can result in severe damage to personal lives and reputations, not to mention potential infringement on civil rights. Securing immediate legal counsel from our proficient criminal defense attorneys can prevent a bad situation from deteriorating further.
At McCarty-Larson, PLLC, we leverage our skills and experience to safeguard our clients’ rights against domestic violence claims. Attorney McCarty’s background as a former state prosecutor and ex-police officer provides him with a comprehensive perspective on domestic violence cases. This expertise aids him in guiding our team towards more successful defense strategies, which can potentially shield clients from the harsh repercussions of a domestic assault conviction.
- NHire a lawyer with a top Texas law firm to represent your domestic violence case or another violent crime case.
- NWith many positive legal reviews and a current rating of 5.0 stars – based on 157 reviews, Attorney McCarty is regarded as one of the best lawyers in Texas.
- NTrust one of the region’s top defense attorneys to resolve your case in a prompt, cost-effective manner.
- NWe have a reputation for being one of the most honest and aggressive law firms.
Serious Family Law Attorneys
Over 150+ 5-Star Client Reviews!
Penalties for Domestic Assault & Aggravated Domestic Assault in Texas
According to Texas Penal Code § 22.01, assault is defined as intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:
- NDomestic assault (Class A misdemeanor) may be punishable by up to 1 year in county jail and/or a fine of up to $4,000.
- NAggravated domestic assault (third-degree felony) may be punishable by 2-10 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- NA defendant may also be prohibited from owning a firearm and may face probation, anger management or counseling, community service, and other penalties.
Domestic violence generally carries similar attributes to a simple assault against any individual: harm, threats, or unsolicited physical contact. However, these acts are categorized as domestic violence if the victim is either currently or was previously in a romantic relationship with the defendant, or if the victim is a member of the defendant’s family or household.
Equipped with firsthand insight into how the State deals with misdemeanor and felony assault offenses, our domestic violence defense attorneys can dissect a family violence case from the viewpoint of the prosecution and formulate strategies to robustly defend clients against charges of domestic assault, spousal mistreatment, ongoing violence against a family member, aggravated domestic assault, child mistreatment, and all other family-related offenses in Texas.
Complimentary Case Consultation
Case Analysis & Next Best Steps.
Family & Criminal Law
Midlothian Office300 N 8th St#200,Midlothian, TX, 76065
Burleson Office232 NW TarrantSuite 104,Burleson, TX 76028