Midlothian Office (972) 895-7636

Family Law Matter?
We can help.

Child Support Lawyer

Ensuring that the Needs of Children are Met

Regardless of marital status, all parents have an obligation to provide for their children. When the parents are divorced or do not live together, the non-custodial parent will generally be ordered to pay child support to the custodial parent. If you need the advice of a child support lawyer near you, call McCarty-Larson, PLLC.

Child Support Guidelines

Each state has guidelines for child support that are used as a starting point for the court to award support from one parent to another. When determining who pays child support and the amount paid, the guidelines generally consider factors such as the income of each parent and how much time each parent spends with the child or children.

The amount of support awarded may deviate from the guidelines when:

  • The child has special needs
  • Health insurance, medical, and therapeutic needs
  • Child care expenses
  • A substantial difference in income between the parents


Midlothian | Waxahachie | Red Oak | Ovilla | Ellis County

Generally, support continues until the child turns 18. However, this can vary and support does not always end as soon as a child turns 18, so always speak with your Ellis County child support attorney before stopping any payments. In some cases, the child may still be in high school or support may be ordered to continue to help pay for college. In other situations, a child with a disability would not be expected to be self-supporting and child support may continue for that child.

Get Advice for Your Unique Situation

Family Law

Contact Us Today