Midlothian Office (972) 895-7636

Family Law Matter?
We can help.

Child Support Enforcement

Child Support Modification

Do you need help enforcing a child support agreement? Is the amount of child support awarded insufficient, due to changing income or expenses? At McCarty-Larson, PLLC, we help families with modification and enforcement of existing court orders. Let an attorney experienced with child support enforcement, and modification from our firm evaluate your situation and recommend the best course of action.

If you need help with an existing agreement, call (972) 775-2100 for a free case evaluation.


When a court orders child support or spousal support, the amount awarded may be sufficient to meet the needs of the child. However, over time things can change. Expenses can increase and income may increase or decrease for either party, making a modification of the original agreement necessary.

A court order may need to be modified when:

  • The income of the paying parent increases by 10% or more
  • The income of the custodial parent decreases by 10% or more
  • The custodial parent involuntarily loses a job
  • There is a significant increase in expenses, such as medical expenses, educational expenses, or other age-related expenses

When there is a change, it is important to get an order from the court that specifies the new amount to be paid. Some people may feel that because they entered into an agreement for a new amount willingly and amicably, that an order from the court is not needed. However, relationships can deteriorate or disagreements in the future can lead to one party reneging on the agreement. For this reason, it is always a good idea to have it in writing.

Enforcement of Alimony Payments