Midlothian Office (972) 895-7636

Probate confusion?
We can help.

Probate Help in Ellis County

Guardianship of the Estate

The Guardian of the Estate is appointed by a Court of Law to make the financial decisions related to a Ward’s* assets, whether they be monetary or property owned.

These types of cases are closely monitored by the courts to make sure the Ward’s funds and assets are managed appropriately. Court approval is needed to spend/sell any of the person’s assets even after guardianship is granted.

Guardian of the Estate cases require the Guardian to assure the court via a bond and oath that they will uphold the best interest of the Ward in their performance as Guardian. The guardian is continuously required to keep the court informed of the status of the estate.

Our role: We oversee and execute legal proceedings on behalf of the guardian to ensure that all fiduciary responsibilities are met and performed in the best interest of the Ward’s estate.

It is important to use a competent guardianship lawyer to navigate the process involved with having a guardian of estate appointed for a ward. Feel free to use the form below to request a free consultation or call our office during regular business hours.

*Wards are commonly identified as, the elderly of whom are unable to make their own financial/healthcare decision, minors of whom have received an inheritance/gift in their name and/or a disabled minor who has reached legal age but cannot assume responsibilities for their own financial/healthcare and/or legal affairs. 

Contact McCarty-Larson, PLLC

Midlothian Office (972) 775-2100

Get as Much or as Little Help as You Need

Every family and every estate is different. When you meet with one of our Midlothian, and Waxahachie probate lawyers, we will review your situation and tell you next steps. We can do some steps for you, or simply advise. In every case, we are watching out for your interests and will work to protect you from liability.  Contact our Ellis County probate lawyers to schedule a personal visit. Or call our law office at (972) 775-2100.


Contact Us Today